MONDAY MIDNITE-1897

MONDAY MIDNITE-1897
From the campaign for the return of Benin's looted artifacts by British invaders in 1897 to the no-holds-barred condemnation of Nigeria's corrupt past and present leaders in tracks like PISSY PISSY, AZZHOLEZ ROCK and BRING BACK THE MONEY, this 1897 album is loaded with thought-provoking and inspiration songs. A click on the image will direct you to an online store where you can purchase the album or songs from the album.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

THE GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY THAT GENERAL BUHARI FOOLISHLY MISSED.....STILL FOOLISHLY MISSING--MM


With regards to the politics and affairs of Nigeria, none of those who have made acquaintance with my FB activities over the years are oblivious of my utter disdain for the gross incompetence and ineptitude of President Jonathan..... as well as the enthusiasm and total commitment I displayed daily during the run up to the 2011 general elections in my unwavering support and fervent desire to see Buhari elected as Nigeria's President.

Unfortunately, the latter wasn't to be. And having witnessed GEJ's despicable performance in the last couple of years, even those whose venom paralyzed me the most for supporting Buhari during that election, have now conceded that they were flat-out wrong for backing Jonathan. I gladly concur.

However, I must say without any inhibition that I'm somewhat currently disappointed in General Buhari....NOT for what he has done or for who he is...as the selfsame endearing qualities that inspired me to his corner (a no-nonsense, principled, highly disciplined, anti-corruption crusader) are still prevalent in him, but for his inability to recognize and latch on to the golden opportunity that fell on his lap in the aftermath of the 2011 election.

If I were BUHARI, I would have instantly recognized the golden opportunity to turn my loss in the said election into a VICTORY that would have by now solidified my person in the hearts of tens of millions of Nigerians (including those who didn't support me in 2011) as the one to wholeheartedly embrace come 2015. 

A few candid moves out of SINCERE LOVE for country would have sufficed.

(1) If I were Buhari, I would have tirelessly exerted all efforts...even beyond the perimeters of my capabilities to help squash the violence that erupted in the North immediately after the results of the election were announced. 

(2) If I were Buhari, irrespective of the fact that I can't see eye to eye with Jonathan on many issues, I wouldn't have hesitated for a second to voluntarily lend my unfaltering support to the President and offer to partner with him in solving the nation's imminent security problem when Boko Haram escalated their violence after the election...especially given the fact that most people truly believe that I could weave an influence or two in Boko Haram's strongholds.  

(3) If I were Buhari, I would have used the last couple of years to privately enact one or more valuable programs of fundamental benefit to the downtrodden millions across the nation.....be it in the area of education, health care, transportation, electricity, water supply, etc; etc.

(4) If I were Buhari, I would have incessantly preached ONE NATION and actively pursue REAL UNITY between all ethnic and religious groups in the country. To this end, I would already have concluded  more than one GOODWILL and UNITY tour of the entire country by now...expanding peace, understanding, love for one another, accountability, true tenets of democracy, etc. 

(5) If I were Buhari, statements akin to "the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood" or any divisive utterance would have never emanated from my mouth. As a matter of fact, I would have done my due diligence to win the confidence of Nigerians from all nooks and crannies of the country, not only in WORDS, but in SINCERE and commendable DEEDS.

It hurts my heart excruciatingly that Buhari has not deemed it important to seize the golden opportunity presented by the series of depressing anomalies facing the nation to erase all doubts, convince the naysayers, and carry himself forth with the profound dignity of a true National Leader he ought to be. How foolish of him, how foolish indeed!!!

In 2011, I declared that "Buhari is the one" among all those vying for the coveted Presidency. All things considered, he was. But as at today.....looking towards 2015, and in a world where  standards in most things are consistently being upgraded and fittingly so, Buhari seriously need to elevate his game expeditiously if he's to have the likes of me drumming for him again in 2015. Assuming he runs that is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment